Further to my interest in Social Browsers, I loaded Flock. I’d had such a good run with RockMelt that I had fairly high hopes for Flock as it’s been around for about 5 years.
The latest version (3.0) is also Chromium based, where as previous versions have been Firefox based.
- “Cloud” storage means that you can log into any PC that has Flock installed and have all your settings already there
- Does not require Facebook to use
- Clean interface
- Due to activity side bar, your viewing screen is reduced by about 200px
- Sidebar is constantly active, so if you step away from your computer, you have to scroll back
- Must have a Flock account to take advantage of the Cloud feature
- No Google search in address bar area
- Issues loading certain pages with Java
- Issues logging in to my blog
I was not as enamoured with Flock as I had been with RockMelt, even after only a day.
I found it a bit clunky, and the fact I had issues loading pages was very annoying.
Without some major changes, I don’t think that this is the browser for me.
** NB: I used both browsers with no addons or extensions.