Well, it was on for young and old, really. Getting as much of our hats done as we could manage. My fascinator went through a redesign during the week, so I tried to get that finshed while my hat was drying from being stiffened with a rather noxious concoction.
Of course I didn’t get everything DONE, but I’m very close, so will have finalised pictures by the weekend. I also tried my hand at making a silk flower. FUN! I might look at doing a bit more of that next year.
I have really enjoyed making hats and fascinators from ‘raw’ materials. It’s very similar to the buzz I got from finishing my knitted shawl. I now have a hat that fits me, can be worn smart casual or a bit dressed up, and a ‘hatinator’ that would look very pretty with a vintage style dress.
This is the downhill slope towards the end of the course. Where the mad dash to the finish line takes place. My poor hat has lain in pieces for weeks now, as we’ve been tweaking and playing with a medium that no one else in the class is using. Tonight it finally started to really come together.
Not too much to report, it’s just plodding along with the making of things.
I got my brim off it’s block, only to find out that it was 1.25″ too small. So I spent the next half hour manipulating the crown section of the brim to expand it, and in the process trying very hard not to screw up all my hard previous blocking work. I think I did ok, but will find out next week when I start actually assembling my hat.
The fascinator is looking good, slowly coming together, and over this week I’ll be really starting to get it together, and I should have some pictures next week.