Well, the pattern is traced and ready to go, the fabrics are washed, and the accoutrements are all bought. Still no movement on the actual assemblage of the bag, but I have been cross stitching my little heart out.
I started the Police Box sign on some black fabric, with what I thought was “waste canvas”. Turned out it was twisted canvas, and I could not remove it from my work without shredding the stitching. So I had to start over with black aida fabric, which required a little recalculation and recharting of the pattern. It has, however, come up a dream! I have also found some proper waste canvas, which I will use for the windows on the blue fabric. I had thought about stitching a Seal of Rassilon on the back of the bag, but then I considered just how much the bag will rub against my clothes, I have thought better of it. Instead, I have stitched a Tenth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver for one of the side panels of the bag (using the waste canvas on the blue fabric).
I have recently obtained the printable fabric, so now I’m on the hunt for a good, clean image of the “Pull to Open” sign on the front of the TARDIS. A lot of the ones I can find are either the wrong typeface, have shading, or just aren’t clear. So the search continues!
I really should get on making my “plain” test bag, so that I’ll be ready to go with this when all the embellishments are finished.