Well, it was on for young and old, really. Getting as much of our hats done as we could manage. My fascinator went through a redesign during the week, so I tried to get that finshed while my hat was drying from being stiffened with a rather noxious concoction.
Of course I didn’t get everything DONE, but I’m very close, so will have finalised pictures by the weekend. I also tried my hand at making a silk flower. FUN! I might look at doing a bit more of that next year.
I have really enjoyed making hats and fascinators from ‘raw’ materials. It’s very similar to the buzz I got from finishing my knitted shawl. I now have a hat that fits me, can be worn smart casual or a bit dressed up, and a ‘hatinator’ that would look very pretty with a vintage style dress.