I pulled this off the Sew, Mama, Sew blog..Gifts
- Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give? I love baking, so I usually give loads of cookies.
- If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making? (Post photos if you have some!) I am, lots of them.. most of them infact.. but I can’t link or show anything yet, because the recipients read my blog! 😀
- Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received? Not yet, I’m hoping this year is going to start some.
- Do you have any great gift compilation ideas (a grouping of gifts just perfect for certain recipients?) I like doing hampers. One year it was a breakfast in bed tray, with some munchables and drinkables. I also did a mini-pamper pack with a lovely lavender eye pillow and face washer, I’d like ot expand on that one.
- Name one thing on your personal wish list. A new sewing machine… which I happen to be getting 😉 Other than that, I’d like to get a new cutting mat and some ‘tools’ for my sewing.
- Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts? (Link) Soon.. 😀
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition? We like a tree up on the first of December, so we have all month to look at it’s loveliness. We also watch Christmas themed movies most nights of December, and the weekend before Christmas, we walk around our neighbourhood and see everyone’s light displays.
- Have you started any new traditions with your family that you didn’t practice growing up? We’re working on it. We’ve only been a couple for 5 years, and a ‘family’ for just over one.. so we’re wanting to introduce things we can do with our kids as they grow up.
- What do you love most about the holiday season? The excuse to bake a bazillion cookies without looking gluttonous 😀
- What do you like least about the holiday season? Shopping malls. UGH! I try to do my shopping from the middle of the year (and to be able to take advantage of the sales after our tax time), so I’m not racing around in December trying to push through the crappy crowds.. :S
- Anyone close to your heart that you’ll be missing this year? Christmas used to be spent with my maternal grandparents. I always miss them at Christmas. My Nanna passed away about 15 years ago, and my Poppa passed away only a few years ago.
- What is your favorite holiday food? Mmm…. My mum’s baked lunch. It’s always perfect! mmm…
- Do you have a great recipe to share? I’m boiling my first pudding this year… so maybe next year 😀